firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:In which way the Indian labour market information system can be developed? How far Information Communication Technologies (ICT) can be helpful in this regard?
1. Promote localized computing
2. Move from Microsoft platform to reach the critical mass
3. Create Linux based multiple language computing platform at low cost and chargeable by solar panel.
4. Promote WIMAX access in small towns and villages
5. Lower down cost of reliable and fast broadband connection in cities
6. Promote content creation by blogging,community,e-books,videos at every level from village to cities.
7. Create internet population and provide tools,guidance to not just be content/information consumer but information producer as well.
8. Integrate with global payment-system. [So that person can receive and send payments in foreign currency even at village at one click.Content in local language can be in technology,education.health,agriculture anything.Payment would be to receive payments for content advertising and services to foreign customer.Payment needs to be made in foreign currency to buy hosting,productivity ebooks etc.Recently RBI circular has hampered integration of Indian content producers and service providers to receive and send money via most global payment method that is Paypal.
9.if a guy in small town earns 10000-20000 pm by content creation and IT services.He may never move to bigger cities.And millions of globally connected locally self employed citizen would be in India.