Managing Urbanization

Most of our metros and cities are under severe stress with inadequate social and physical infrastructure coupled with worsening pollution. Migration pressures are likely to increase. How do we make our cities more liveable? What can we do today to ensure that smaller cities and towns are not similarly overwhelmed tomorrow?

read more
Sign In
How can we prevent the emergence of new slums in our cities in the future?

What are the multidimensional challenges that urban poor face in day-to-day life?

Postby chanana.ak@nic.in » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:45 pm

What are the multidimensional challenges that urban poor face in day-to-day life?
chanana.ak@nic.in

Has Liked: 0 time
Have Like: 23 times

Re: What are the multidimensional challenges that urban poor face in day-to-day life?

Postby cayogeshmittal@gmail.com » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:44 am

There is little benefit of High GDP and FDI till the point poor children keep begging and dyeing on the streets. India has enough of resources to atleast feed all the population as the vision of Pt. Nehru and our post independence leaders.
Delhi, the capital of independent India has space of accommodate only about 5% of the street poor and children , virtually all are left to brave heat, cold, rain and other vagaries. Does India don’t have even this petty amount to take care of this? If you want me to prove this , please go around in Delhi and witness this on every traffic signal.
Why all the schemes government runs in independent India are corruption ridden, and reduce all the effectiveness of so many good schemes that have been initiated with good intention.
cayogeshmittal@gmail.com

Have Like: 0 time

Re: What are the multidimensional challenges that urban poor face in day-to-day life?

Postby venkatreddy1990@yahoo.com » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:26 am

According to me the urban poor citizens in the main cities are facing housing, daily needs provided by the govt. and cleanness problem mainly due to their non education. they don't know the plans and services provided for them. And they available as daily workers for cheaper rates to construction companies and all others. For example so many urban workers don't have work provided for the govt for 100 days in a year(exactly I forgot the name of the scheme). Because of middle people between workers and govt. They showing 100 people came to work
and only allowing 6o and made that 60 to do work of 100 people. And u know where the money is going.
The main problem many of don't having identity card in their respective living areas. many are depending on black market which high prices.This can be decreased if the increasing the no of registration facilities for newly coming citizens in to cities. (Its my opinion only).

If this continues we have to take permission from respective authority of urban areas because of overflowing in the near future
venkatreddy1990@yahoo.com

Have Like: 0 time