Decentralisation, Empowerment and Information

Greater and more informed participation of all citizens in decision-making, enforcing accountability, exercising their rights and entitlements; and determining the course of their lives is central to faster growth, inclusion, and sustainability. How can we best promote the capabilities of all Indians, especially the most disadvantaged, to achieve this end?

Sign In
How can we empower women with appropriate information to enhance their role as change agents?

Re: How can we empower women with appropriate information to enhance their role as change agents?

Postby pallavi_57in@yahoo.com » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:08 am

Empowerment is a process and it can not be achieved through organizing one training or one camp. The girl from the childhood need to get enabling environment, guidance, support and development of life skills to be an empowered women.

Today we have a great opportunity to empower women through training Village Health and Sanitation Committee. The members of the committee especially the women members needs to be provided mentoring support so as to empower her to share her views, participate in discussion and decision making process. It is important to note that the process of empowerment demands time, human resource and finance. It is a process of social transformation and therefore other members of the society need to be taken along with the process, especially the men and the youth.

I hope empowerment becomes the core value of all the programmes and schemes of Government.

Pallavi Patel
Deputy Director
CHETNA Ahmedabad

For this message the author pallavi_57in@yahoo.com has received Like:
ishantgoel@live.in (Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:50 pm)
Rating: 4%

pallavi_57in@yahoo.com

Has Liked: 0 time
Have Like: 1 time

Re: How can we empower women with appropriate information to enhance their role as change agents?

Postby ishantgoel@live.in » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:00 pm

ashvinithorat@yahoo.in wrote:Hame mahilao ko aage badhane ke liye unhe hr ek fild me pura support krna chahiye. Hame unhe riservation ke jariye support krna hoga.Jobs me unke liye age me relaxation dena chahiye. upsc to pune sabhi jagah pr age relaxation hona hi chahiye.
specially in upsc female ko '35'' ki age tak exam dene ki ijajt honi chahiye.

I think reservation cannot be useful in empowerment unless it is clubbed with rationality. You cannot afford an unaware woman at an high managerial post which is non deserving. Women must be encouraged in jobs by awareness through social campaigns and better pay and incentives to employers for higher employment of women.
ishantgoel@live.in

Has Liked: 6 times
Have Like: 0 time

Previous