Markets for Efficiency and Inclusion

Open, integrated, and well-regulated markets for land, labor, and capital and for goods and services are essential for growth, inclusion, and sustainability. We have many sectors were markets are non-existent or incomplete, especially those which are dominated by public provisioning. How do we create or improve markets in all sectors?

read more
Sign In
How do we create markets for water to ensure sustainability?

Should we legalize tenancy and allow leasing-in and leasing-out land, suitably amending laws? If yes, should we allow: (i) leasing-in and leasing – out land incorporating provisions like making ownership rights non-alienable and secure, fixing the tenure of lease, recording of lease. (ii) allowing landowners to resume land for cultivation after the expiry of lease.

Postby chanana.ak@nic.in » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Should we legalize tenancy and allow leasing-in and leasing-out land, suitably amending laws?
If yes, should we allow:
(i) leasing-in and leasing – out land incorporating provisions like making ownership rights non-alienable and secure, fixing the tenure of lease, recording of lease.
(ii) allowing landowners to resume land for cultivation after the expiry of lease.
chanana.ak@nic.in

Has Liked: 0 time
Have Like: 23 times

Re: Should we legalize tenancy and allow leasing-in and leasing-out land, suitably amending laws? If yes, should we allow: (i) leasing-in and leasing – out land incorporating provisions like making ownership rights non-alienable and secure, fixing the tenure of lease, recording of lease. (ii) allowing landowners to resume land for cultivation after the expiry of lease.

Postby pankajrahate@yahoo.com » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Property rights are fundamental to any countries prosperity.
Legalizing tenancy means "violating property rights".

IMO, we should stop/remove all laws which violate property rights and instill a simple law/policy where "property rights" are not compromised.

I think, govt-of-india is the biggest violator of property rights. Look at any new development (factory, airport, railway), the people who own land in the area are asked to move out. Govt should buy this land at market rates (through brokerages) and not force people to move-out.

I hope govt (both central and state) will clean-up their act (atleast in 12th plan) and instill protection for "property rights".
pankajrahate@yahoo.com

Has Liked: 2 times
Have Like: 1 time